About Me

My photo
Bemidji, Minnesota, United States
YIPPER SKIPPER

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

You've got MAIL

YES! I finally got something in the mail for my birthday. I was worried it wouldn't happen this year, but then good old aunt guilt sunk in when I talked to her this weekend. Now i'm sporting a check for 25 dollars. Now i'm obliged to write a thank you later, pain in the ass, but I am so happy to get something from anyone but FirstMark services.
Why is it that real mail is so damn appreciated. For my birthday I did receive countless facebook comments wishing a happy one, but all just bittered my taste for the particular sender.
That sounds a bit nasty, but blogging a birthday greeting or sending an email, to me, has almost no personal connotation connected to it.
Anyway back to the mail. That is the only way that my grandma communicates with people. Everyone from bill collectors to family. I wonder if getting a card from me feels as impersonal as getting a birthday greeting via the web.
Oh hoe hum

No comments: